Currently €313 up from €257 – Avg cost for a BER Cert.
“The average nationwide cost for a BER Cert, is up 22% in Q3 V Q2, to €313 from €257”Figures from professional search marketplace, Quotege.
- “The figure is based on a total of 823 quotes submitted by 100+ BER Assessors.
- In total, 355 Ber cert quotes were submitted in Dublin vs 468 for the rest of the country.
- Nationally, The cheapest quote was a 38m2 1-bed apt, Killester Park, Clontarf West, Dublin 5 €170
- Next cheapest, was a 1 bed apt ground floor Travers Street, Cork €185.
- After that, there was a 1 bed ground floor apt, 42sq ft Drogheda €190.
- The most expensive quote during the period was for an industrial unit in Galway extending to 52,000 sq ft , coming in at €4,693. Whilst this may seem like a staggering price for a BER cert, per square ft, the ber assessment cost per square foot is €11.”
“Prices inc all charges, travel, SEAI publishing fee & grant submission fees. It is important that customers have a price point when requesting quotes for BER certs so they know they are getting value for money. The stats provided include both domestic and commercial BER Certs. It’s also worth noting that a domestic building with less than 40sqm does not require a BER cert. A commercial BER is needed if a domestic building has more than 8 rooms. The table included lists the average, min & max prices in the biggest populated counties.”
BER assessments for 5 largest counties inc Dublin, Cork, Galway, Meath, Limerick, Kildare
Sorted by cheapest , average price, max price, quotes submitted vs total quotes
BER certs cheapest prices per county
- BER Rating Dublin €170
- BER Cert Cork €182
- BER Assessor Galway €220
- BER Assessment Kildare €235
- BER Rating Meath €220
- BER Rating Limerick €195